The University is holding its ‘Fourth Convocation’ on Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 11.00 A.M at IGDTUW, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110006 Campus. The ceremony will be presided over by Hon’ble Lt. Governor of Delhi as Chancellor of University.
It is decided to invite the graduating students (for the academic session 2020-2021) and only one accompanying person to participate in the Convocation. However, since COVID-19 Restrictions are still in effect, the ceremony will be strictly conducted in adherence to the safety norms. We solicit the cooperation of all graduating students in this regard.
Detailed Guidelines are:
All the graduating students (for the academic session 2020-2021) invited for attending convocation are advised to take note of the following important instructions for necessary information and compliance:
Prior Intimation: As per list notified on the University website, all the graduating students who wish their Degrees / Exemplary Performance Certificate and Plaque (in case of Exemplary Performance Students)/ Certificate of Merit and Gold Medal (in case of Gold Medalists) to be conferred “in-person” are required to register themselves and their submit consent through Online Mode(No other mode of registration is accepted) latest by 14th December 2021 (05:00 p.m.) positively, failing which the Degree/ Exemplary Performance Certificate and Plaque/ Certificate of Merit and Gold Medal would be conferred “in-absentia”.
||NO Registration Fee
||“In-absentia (But sending Parents/Guardian with authority letter)
||Required degree by post
||To collect their degree from University after Convocation
||NO Registration Fee
- Admit Card: The Admit card will be issued online on receipt of consent from the student. For that, visit University Convocation Website. www.convocation.igdtuw.ac.in .Students without proper ‘Admit Card’ will NOT be allowed to attend the Convocation.
- Reporting for Convocation: Convocation will be held in ‘Convocation Pandal’ on Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 at 11.00 A.M for which students must report at the respective “Attendance Counter” established in the University on Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 at 09.00 A.M. and get their seat number in the ‘Pandal’ allotted.
- Convocation Gowns: All the Graduating students will compulsorily wear Convocation gowns, which will be available on hire from the “Gown Counters” established in the University on Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 at 9.00 A.M. The gowns will be issued against deposit of Rs.500 per gown as Security (refundable). The hire charges @ Rs.150 per gown will be deducted when the gowns are deposited back after the Convocation at the Gown Counter. If the Gowns are not deposited by 04:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 , full security charges will be forfeited. All the Degree recipients, Exemplary Performance students and Gold medalists must collect the Gown, failing which they would not be allowed to attend the Convocation. The Graduating students will occupy their allotted seats strictly as per “Seats Allocation”.
- General Instructions:
- Only one person may accompany the Graduating students. Details of the same are to be submitted through Online mode latest by 14th December 2021 (05:00 p.m.) to ensure necessary seating arrangements.
- Graduating students are requested not to bring any brief case, bag, Camera, mobile phone, any electronic gadgets, matchbox and eatables inside the University. Graduating students are advised to make their own arrangements for safe custody of their belongings as the University will find it difficult to arrange the same.
- Due to security reasons in the University Campus, vehicles would not be allowed inside the University Campus.
- Ensure that all outstanding fee, fines, books, and equipments are settled. If you have any outstanding fees, fines, books, or equipments, you will not be allowed to appear for the Convocation. Hence, make sure to clear all your Dues (if any) before 14th December 2021 (05:00 p.m.)
- It is strictly advised to follow the guidelines issued by Govt agencies and DDMA regarding corona virus disease (COVID-19).
- All Graduating students and their accompanying person must have taken at least one dose of vaccination for CoVID-19. They should carry vaccination certificate and submit a copy of the same at the entry gate (please mention enrolment no on this). Also attach the copy of admit card with self declaration form with this.
- The main ceremony will be in the Convocation Pandal. Only university guests/Graduating Students will be accommodated in Convocation Pandal to keep attendance in the hall within allowed occupancy. The accompanying person of Graduating students will be seated at separate designated venues. The final seating arrangements will be declared later depending on the number of graduates attending in person, and in adherence to the Covid safety norms.
- Degrees will be handed out to the graduates in an appropriate way in respective venues. There will not be any award of degrees on the dais during the main convocation ceremony except Ph. D degree holders.
- Suitable arrangements for refreshment (Lunch) for graduating students/ accompanying person of graduating student / Guests will be made.
- No accommodation will be provided to the graduating students on Campus.
- All Graduates who are attending in person are expected to cooperate fully with security officials on campus, and all other administrative officials. Any violation of the safety norms may restrict in person attendance.
- Please visit the convocation website convocation.igdtuw.ac.in or (https://igdtuw.in/IGDTUW/login) for registration. Any further/instructions will also be available on this website. It is advised to keep visiting the Convocation Website on a regular basis. For any Convocation related query you may contact Dr. Sanjib Kumar Sahu (through WhatsApp) 9990008469.
Process of Registration
Student will login on the Portal and fill the request from this screen.
Any technical issue regarding registration for convocation on the Online link, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org